Friday, May 11, 2012

Manto : Just a Beginning

A few years I was introduced to the comic and the most famous story of Saadat Hasan Manto narrated by Zia Muhiuddin. I laughed a lot while listening to the story and still remember a few dialogues from it like "up up di gud gud di be dhiana di moong dal of the hindustan of the pakistan of the dur fitte moonh". Manto took a special space in my mind with the story but you can say the space increased for him in my heart, in my mind when i heard the story of Thanda Gosht and saw a clip of Khol Do. These two stories had a great effect on me and my way of thinking.
Till date I haven't read any of Saadat's stories but I promise to myself on his birth centenary that I will read his stories. I haven't even read the stories named above and I feel ashamed of myself but I am going to do this as early as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment